08 August, 2007

Wednesday 8 Aug.

I took yesterday as an USRD (UnScheduled Rest Day) to be safe about the adductor pain I was having Monday. Bothered me most of the day yesterday, but seems to be better this a.m. so I'm going to try running again.

So tonight is either 5 easy miles, OR long intervals (4-6 x 1 mile at 9:53 miles). Frankly, I think I'll cough up a lung after the first of those intervals, and am not sure speedwork is a great idea right now w/ adductor. So, plan of attack is to do a mile warm-up and see how I feel - and that point, either do another 4 easy miles, or move into the intervals.

I'll keep you posted. :-)

2 comments:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

What if you gave that adductor another day or two to get better, ran easy tonigh and then crank out the repeats 1600s? Would you be set back by delaying it a few?

elizabethnyc said...

Tom,
Good question...

I took another USRD last night because I had pain again just running to my car through a downpour.

At this point, my focus is being able to do my long run this weekend, so will probably just attempt the easy run tonight.