14 September, 2009

Decision made...

I officially cancelled my NYC Marathon entry this weekend, deferring until the 2010 race, and I'm confident it was the right thing to do. We're 7 weeks away from race day, and I decided to be realistic, given the continued stomach issues and my lack of quality long runs at this point due to the stomach issues. I'll still be in NYC that weekend, just as head cheerleader on race day.

I'm going to do a half up here on November 8th instead as my second fall race for Neuroblastoma research at MSKCC.

Other random notes... I'm back from my trip to the city - observed 9/11, spent time with friends, and went to the US Open. Rain wreaked havoc with the Open schedule, and my tickets for mens semis on Saturday (first match at 11 a.m. and second immediately after that) became Sunday (matches at noon and 4:30 p.m.). So I saw the Nadal vs. Del Potro match - Del Potro was amazing. But I had to leave the Open to catch my flight at 7 p.m. Not a complete loss, though - it was a gorgeous day at the Open for the first match, and I saw the second match at the airport bar with an ice cold Corona or 2. Oh, I also went to the Met to see the Vermeer exhibit that just opened. Beautiful paintings.

I have 5 miles on tap for tonight after work, looking forward to working up a good sweat and getting the legs moving.

No comments: