20 November, 2019

Another long absence

November 2019 - another long absence.  Lots going on this year...

I started this year with high hopes of getting back to a consistent running routine, better eating, etc., but the Cliff Notes version is my Mom passed away in late March and then 2 weeks later, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Lots of stress and sadness between the 2 as you can imagine.  6 weeks of radiation treatments through May and June, and been trying to regain my energy ever since.  Not to mention grieving...  Sigh.

Anyways, I just completed a 12 week oncology rehab program last month, and am a few weeks into a wellbeing program at my local gym working on getting back to exercise and better eating.  Started Couch to 5k program yet again.

I'm doing the NYRR Ted Corbitt 15k in a couple weeks (will be walking it), as usual to raise funds for Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.  

And I'm already signed up to run the 2020 NYC Marathon also to raise funds for pediatric cancer research at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Please join me in supporting their work: 

I'll start posting regularly now for accountability.

No comments: