30 July, 2013

14 weeks to go!

Actually, it's a little less than that now.  It was 14 weeks as of Sunday.  Yowza!!

So, this time around, I am using NYRR's Virtual Trainer program.  It's pretty similar to the online training plan they had probably 5 or 6 years ago that I really liked.  This is like that plan, but beefed up a lot.  Great functionality, great daily tips customized to my abilities, etc., and as I progress through the plan and post my training paces/results, it updates itself with more accurate/updated paces for my training runs and also what I might expect on race day.  So far, so good.

The one challenge is that I'm subbing bootcamp class for one of my mid-week runs, and the program seems to think I'm slacking off so my suggested training paces are slowing down.  Guess I need to just keep doing what I'm doing, pace-wise, and hope the plan catches on.

Anyways, tonight I have 5 miles on the schedule.

No comments: