29 August, 2018

jeezum crow

Well, it's late August, and not much running happening here.  Quick catch up from my last post (which was January - what?).

So, back in January, I secured a number to run the Chicago Marathon through NYRR's Team For Kids.  And as usual, I threw my name into the lottery for the NYC Marathon - and how about that, I got selected for NYC as well.  Well, since I was already committed to Chicago, I cancelled my 2018 NYC entry (which gives me guaranteed entry for 2019 NYC).

However, I needed to deal with a medical issue this summer, which involved 3 weeks off from work to recover and an extended break from impact activity.  I haven't run since mid-June, and am just starting back with the Couch to 5k program now.  Having said all that, no Chicago Marathon for me this year.

So now starts the very long road back to running, with just some 5Ks this fall, the NYRR Ted Corbitt 15k in December (will do that run/walk), and then a very slow build-up in mileage.

No comments: