02 April, 2008

maybe not my best idea ever

But I went to the gym after work tonight and did 35 minutes (3 miles equivalent) on the elliptical.

Conventional wisdom holds that re exercising w/ a cold - if it's a head cold, ok; if it's a chest cold, not ok. However, even though I think I have a chest cold, I'm sick of being sick, I've been feeling a bit better day by day, and a good workout and a good sweat usually helps w/ my head colds so I thought I'd go for it.

I felt fine, breathing was fine, and I feel much more like myself.

Back at it tomorrow with a short run.

3 comments:

Ronster said...

I go wacko if I don't run for too long, so I understand your need. I know how good it feels to be back out doing any kind of good exercise.
Seriouly, I was on vacation in Panama last week and couldn't enjoy myself fully until the 2nd day when I ran 5 miles in the 95 degree heat at 7am. After that, the buffet tables were all the better!

Perfumes said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

TiredMamaRunning said...

I understand that need to do a little something, even when sick....just ran in the pouring rain two nights ago and I think it helped purge me of my bug!

(I'm also laughing at the spammy post from "perfumes" there)

I just started a blog here too hope you don't mind if I add you to my blogroll!

(It's Kazz from RWOL)