19 May, 2008

Sheesh...

This time last year, I was pleased to be at a weight where I felt really fit, healthy, and comfortable. I'm 5'5", but given my Italian-peasant-stock bloodline and childbearing hips, I will never be a tiny thing. Which is absolutely 100% fine with me - I look fit and healthy.

Anyways, I've not been really paying much attention to my diet over the past year, and through the summer/fall of 2007, it didn't matter because I was in marathon season and running a ton. So when I saw a gain of .5 of a pound here, and .5 of a pound there, I didn't really think much of it.

But I've not been running much in the last 3-4 months. Just having major motivation issues, and a general lack of interest in running.

So, today, I actually looked at where I was last year, and where I am now, and looking at those two numbers next to each other - well HOLY CRAP, I've gained 11.8 pounds in the last year.

It's clearly time to focus - on the food intake, AND on my running. Actually, the running goes without saying as I begin my marathon training season in less than a month. YIKES! I can't be carrying around 12 extra pounds - that's a lot of wear and tear that's not needed.

No comments: