17 March, 2008

I'm baaaaaaack (aka consistency is key)

I'm baaaaack... :-)

I've really been having a problem lately getting motivated and staying motivated. Haven't been running much and haven't been watching what kinds of food I've been putting into my body (i.e. way too much cheese and crackers for dinner, not enough veggies). Anyways, I'm switching things up a bit. I've got a scale at home now, and am going to start journalling my food intake for a bit to get back to better portion control and also making sure I'm getting the right number of fruits and veggies, enough calcium, enough protein, etc. It's time to get back in gear - I just looked at my calendar (where I jot down my weekly weigh-in) and I'm 7 pounds heavier right now than I was at this time last year. That's just plain silly.

I'm going to take the running a day at a time - not every run has to be a 5 or 6 or 10 or 12 miler; I can do some short stuff too - the point is to get out there running, period. As I've said before (and clearly have a hard time executing the concept), CONSISTENCY IS KEY.

Also running related, my sis and I are cancelling for the MORE Half because she's not been able to get in much training due to injury. Oh well, saves me driving 640 miles roundtrip to/from NYC and also the $$ for gas for said miles. I have a half up here in June, and am in the lottery for the Nike NYC Half in July.

No comments: