18 August, 2008

I was in Boston for the weekend (Sox game work event - not a bad gig LOL), and didn't get back in time yesterday to do my long run, so will be doing it tonight on the treadmill.

I've reworked my schedule a bit because I've missed enough runs over the last few weeks that it would have been "too much too fast" if I stuck with it as it was. So now, I'll get to marathon Sunday with 2 15-milers, 2 18-milers, and 2 20-milers (I'm taking out 1 of the 3 originally planned 20s).

Also, there's a 3-week DRASTIC taper at the end of my program, with the schedule going from 20-miler 3 weeks out, down to 10, down to 4, then marathon. I'm going to tinker with that a bit - probably follow the 20-miler with a 15-miler two weeks out, then 8 or so a week before the race. I need to think about that a bit and look at my plans from previous years.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow, I can't believe you can do a long run on a treadmill! I get bored after two miles inside.