30 September, 2008

Austin City Limits Festival, day 1

OK, I'm digressing from running to music for a few posts....

I just got back home from a long weekend in Austin, TX, where I was fortunate enough to enjoy 3 rockin' days of great music, great food, and great weather.

Here's who I saw on day one:
Dan Dyer
Rodney Crowell
What Made Milwaukee Famous
Vampire Weekend
Jakob Dylan and the Gold Mountain Rebels
Jamie Lidell
Bobby Bare, Jr.
Hot Chip
Ryan Bingham
David Byrne
Antibalas

Best of the day, by far, was Rodney Crowell. Houston-born singer-songwriter, played some great songs, new album out called Sex & Gasoline. I also really liked What Made Milwaukee Famous, Jakob Dylan, Bobby Bare Jr., and David Byrne also sounded great, the few songs of his I heard.

Also started the day off right with a great brekkie at my favorite mexican restaurant, El Sol Y La Luna, with 2 of my Dad's cousins. It was wonderful to see them.

No comments: