09 September, 2008

Gosh, it's pouring out!

Rain of biblical proportions coming down right now, and tons of ugly thunder and lightning too. The sky is already getting a bit lighter, though, so I expect that the t&l will move out quickly. We've had so many sunny dry days recently that I suspect we could use the rain, so no worries...

I was away the bulk of last week on a road trip with the BF. Saratoga Springs, then onto Hudson, NY, then on to NYC for the weekend, including the men's semi-finals at the US Open on Saturday afternoon. Saw the Federer vs. Djokovic match in its entirety, and saw the portion of the Nadal vs. Murray match they were able to play before the rain came (remnants of TS Hanna).

Back now for a few weeks, which is good because my running suffers when I travel. I got in 2 short runs while away, but no long run. Which I'm doing tonight on the treadmill at the gym. I don't mind the treadmill at all, but doing my long run on a Tuesday for the previous weekend pushes next weekend's long run to Sunday or Monday. Oh well, I'll figure it out as usual.

No comments: