08 December, 2008

Looking ahead a bit

Given the small population up here in the North Country, it's difficult to find enough races to fill my race calendar, and it's sometimes necessary to travel to other parts of the state for races. I've been keeping my eye on a race called the Covered Bridges Half-Marathon down in Woodstock, in June. It's hugely popular, and last year, the registration cap was reached in 82 minutes. Yes, you read that right, 82 minutes.

So, with registration opening up this morning at 9 a.m., I had a reminder on my Outlook calendar at work. I jumped on a few minutes early with no luck, so went to my 9 a.m. meeting, When the meeting was out at 9:45 or so, hopped right back on my computer, got the "this site is busy" message a few more times, kept refreshing, and finally got through and got registered.

Sheesh, it's almost as tough as getting Red Sox tickets. :-)

So, my first race of 2009 is on the calendar!

No comments: