04 October, 2007

yowza.

OK, I'm starting to flip out now with race day almost here. And I'm really annoyed about this darn heat wave in Chicago. For once, I actually trained well for my marathon, and if I end up w/ another cruddy finish time due to the heat, well, I'm just gonna lay myself down on the ground and throw myself a tantrum LOL. ;-)

Actually, no I'll just go with the flow, but it is a little worrying.

Anyways, I've been resting up a bit this week. Tonight, I start doing laundry - I'm going to be bringing every stitch of running clothes I own so I have exactly what's needed depending on how the weather turns out. Better get a bigger suitcase? :-)

Here's what I bring (in my carry-on):
confirmation ticket/booklet
SNEAKERS
running tights - capri length, full length
bike/compression shorts
singlet
tech shirts - short and long sleeve
2 sports bras
3 pair of wright socks double layer MESH wicking socks
windbreaker
rain-proof jacket
baseball cap (RED SOX of course)
clif bloks and sport beans
waist-pack water carrier and spare bottle (I hear Chicago has water only every 2 miles??)

anything else can go in checked baggage.

1 comment:

Grace Davis said...

I saw your url on the Runners World Forums and I just want to say GOOD LUCK to you! It sounds like you're well prepared.

All the best,
Grace Davis
Santa Cruz, CA
Silicon Valley Marathon 2002
NYC Marathon 2003