10 October, 2008

The stupid stock market is giving me agita

Good grief, I'm going to have a coronary soon. The stock market is out of control. It's completely irrational and completely driven by fear, nothing to do with fundementals of individual stocks.

The overall economic picture, lack of liquidity, etc. is CRUSHING stocks that are perfectly profitable.

I'm going to be working until I'm 90 at this rate. Way too much of my retirement savings is in financial services stocks, a result of working 10 years on Wall Street. Yes, I know I should have diversified, stupid me, but I have/had great faith in the business models and more importantly, the leadership of the stocks I own.

Anyways, enough of my non-running-related (NRR) rantings. Only running thing to say for myself is that I have 5 miles on tap for tonight.

2 comments:

Bert said...

I'm with you on this one; I think I lost about 5 lbs in 'worry weight' the last few weeks. The market took on a life of its own and just got socked by what appeared to be irrational fear, panic of epic proportions. I have been buying some blue chip stocks and intend to buy more; this could be once in a lifetime opportunity to get in at some decent prices.

Unknown said...

My personal opinion is that we are standing before a deep waterfall ahead of us. Where we are actually going?


RetireDebtFreeHappy - retirement plans, retirement planning calculator, retirement planning, early retirement planning, retirement savings, retirement investments, financial planning for retirement, saving for retirement, retirement income, retirement funds