11 July, 2008

back in town - for the moment...

I got home from Kansas City last night at 12:30 (so technically this a.m.). Severe thunderstorms in Chicago, not to mention their radar system was out, delayed our flight by 3+ hours. No worries, I have the largest Dunkin Donuts coffee known to man at hand, and that'll get me going...

Here's my recap of Kansas City:
* Beautiful city (we were in the Country Club Plaza area of town - beautiful architecture, lovely sculpture and fountains), and
* Great BBQ: baby back ribs at Jack Stack's on Monday night, Gates BBQ on Tuesday at the Royals game (brisket on a bun), Gates BBQ on Wednesday night at a BBQ and Blues party at the American Jazz Museum (brisket and ham), and a pulled pork sandwich with spicy slaw at lunch yesterday before heading to the airport.

Tuesday a.m., I hit the treadmill at the hotel fitness center, and I was sweating smoke from my BBQ the night before. :-)

Back at it tonight w/ 5 easy miles.

Tomorrow a.m., I head to Boston to host 60 alumni at the Red Sox game, back to VT on Sunday a.m., so I'll run again on Sunday.

PHEW!

1 comment:

Gettin Older said...

Glad to "see" you back. Hope you are able to settle down and get a run once you decide if you are coming or going....