25 February, 2008

the last few days...

Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long, long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow Sew
Tea, a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to Do (oh-oh-oh)

OOPS, sorry, was I singing out loud? :-D

On Saturday, I went x-country skiing at Trapp Family Lodge (of Sound of Music fame). It was gorgeous - blue sky, glistening snow, absolutely gorgeous. We skied almost 3 hours - plenty of UPS and DOWNS. Bear in mind that I hadn't x-c since junior high. I'm happy to say I didn't fall at all, but was longing for my downhill skis quite a few times, that's for sure!

I'll freely admit that it completely exhausted me. I was asleep on the couch by 8 p.m. that night, woke up at 11, got right into bed, and slept until 6 the next morning.

As for Sunday and my run or lack thereof, I took a slip and slide on ice in my parking lot, legs going 2 different directions, and am having adductor pain again, left leg, where I did back over the summer. So took the day as USRD.

I'm going to try for a run tonight, and am hoping to get out of work an hour or 2 early so I can run outside. If not, treadmill will do just fine.

No comments: